A3Sync is back online!

NB: IMPORTANT CHANGES, ACTION REQUIRED

Arma 3 Sync is back online!

Please note that you MUST remove your old ATC repo from arma 3 sync before adding the new repo. The autoconfig URL has also changed. For details, see the news post here: 

-CHQ 

MODS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

Build date: 30/06/2018 6:06:25 PM

New: 0

Updated: 1
@rhsACECompat;

Deleted: 0

NOTE: Please only close this notification once you have actually updated your mods

• Announcements

• Mikoi

DISCORD SERVER   10/04/18

BLUF:
      ANZTAC now has a dedicated Discord Server for both the ARMA and DCS Communities.

Key Points:
      Discord is a means to keep track of information, notifications, and to talk to the lovable friends you have made within the ATC Respective communities. This service is now up and running and free to join by using the below links.    Mission Updates, Tactical Nights, Training, and General updates will be posted on this service and will be run by key members of their respective communities.   Keep up to date, and maintain situational awareness always, through the use of DISCORD.

- ANZTAC : ARMA Community     - https://discordapp.com/invite/htT6Q57

- ANZTAC: DCS Community
          - https://discordapp.com/invite/F9N8nXC

DC

Trying to get the most out of my system

Question

Attached is DXdiag of my system. I want to get most out of system when gaming. When I open MSI afterburner etc during both Arma and DCS I note they only use about 5 of 16GB of memory yet both use large amounts of page file. ARMA like 8GB. Is it something wrong with my system or is ARMA and DCS not very resource friendly?

DxDiag.txt

2 answers to this question

May be a stupid question but how do you know its actively using 8gb of page file?

Likewise for me i have 16gb of RAM and arma is using next to nothing. If indeed it is using large amounts of page file and it is actively swapping memory in and out i it may be that the devs have designed it that way on purpose and in which case there isn't much you can do, although i wouldn't expect this to be the case. RAM in most games in general is very rarely used, when your playing games your mainly looking at VRAM for all the textures and the program itself not having to load much. Things like GTA5 i believe use a lot more main memory due to the large map sizes and has a lot to keep in. 

This is just a wild assumption however, might run some diags during tonights tac

This is normal for both Arma and DCS as they do a huge amount of data transfers from the hard drive. That's why the them on an  best solution to increase performance is to install them on an SSD drive.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.