A3Sync is back online!

NB: IMPORTANT CHANGES, ACTION REQUIRED

Arma 3 Sync is back online!

Please note that you MUST remove your old ATC repo from arma 3 sync before adding the new repo. The autoconfig URL has also changed. For details, see the news post here: 

-CHQ 

MODS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

Build date: 30/06/2018 6:06:25 PM

New: 0

Updated: 1
@rhsACECompat;

Deleted: 0

NOTE: Please only close this notification once you have actually updated your mods

• Announcements

• Mikoi

DISCORD SERVER   10/04/18

BLUF:
      ANZTAC now has a dedicated Discord Server for both the ARMA and DCS Communities.

Key Points:
      Discord is a means to keep track of information, notifications, and to talk to the lovable friends you have made within the ATC Respective communities. This service is now up and running and free to join by using the below links.    Mission Updates, Tactical Nights, Training, and General updates will be posted on this service and will be run by key members of their respective communities.   Keep up to date, and maintain situational awareness always, through the use of DISCORD.

- ANZTAC : ARMA Community     - https://discordapp.com/invite/htT6Q57

- ANZTAC: DCS Community
          - https://discordapp.com/invite/F9N8nXC

Sign in to follow this  
Talon

Gaming mouse

Question

Hi guys,

Looking for a new USB gaming mouse and need some advice, mostly for use with ArmA and a few other FPS games. Been looking at the Corsair M65, gets decent reviews and isn't too pricey (comparatively).

Any recommendations? Budget is NZ$120 max.

13 answers to this question

I got a Razer death addder, purely because it was easiest/cheapest gaming mouse to get a hold of in AUS. I really couldn't care or understand about the features of a mouse. No problems with it not working or discomfort so that's a glowing review. Although on that same criteria there was nothing wrong with the cheap logitech wireless mouse i used before.(Except maybe the scrollwheel is nicer on the razer).

So my advice is buy something that you like the look of, that's within your price range, and has a good reviews for lifespan cause you probably wont notice a difference in using it. 

• Upvote 1

Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Relative cheap, good build quality, good reasonable range for DPI with a good sensor with a few other shiny features.

• Upvote 3

Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Relative cheap, good build quality, good reasonable range for DPI with a good sensor with a few other shiny features.

Got the same one after a run of Cyborg RAT 7's that kept dying. I'll never look back. Such a great mouse IMO and I've tried many.

• Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0
  • Razer Taipan
  • Steelseries Sensei

You dont need a bazillion buttons or dpi to shoot someone ;)

Personally I recommend the Steelseries Rival. It is in your price range and has the best sensor they have ever used in a mouse. Unfortunately optical sensors don't have stats that go as high as laser sensors but they are almost always better, so companies end up putting laser sensors in which have 100000000000000dpi but in the real world preform much worse. The flip side to that coin is that the mice with better sensors are usually not the most expensive ones.

Also it is good to have a decent mouse pad as after all that is half of the equation of how the mouse feels, my personal recommendation is the Razer Goliathus (control edition)

• Upvote 1

Got the same one after a run of Cyborg RAT 7's that kept dying. I'll never look back. Such a great mouse IMO and I've tried many.

Oh god, that was my problem as well. Loved the design and functionality of the RAT 7s(especially the pinky rest) but those mouse buttons die way too fast.

Edited by Piro
  • Upvote 1

I also use a Razer Deathadder, nice performance without too many buttoms to worry about.

Have used a Razer mouse the last few years, would probably steer you away from them as it feels like they have down quality wise.

Decided to go with the Logitech G502 Proteus Core and got it today, great so far! Thanks for the help!

Hey, so for those that use the G502 I only have one gripe: the wheel. It's quite slippery I find, but luckily I found a fix! It only costs $10 and makes a big difference. Here is a guide with pictures http://blog.siddv.net/2014/09/logitech-g502-proteus-core-teardown.html

Hope this helps :)

oh i see what you meant now, i have the 502 and this upgrade may be worth it just for the aesthetic's, i love that sleeker more streamlined look... 

I've been rocking the same Logitech G700 for the last ~5+ years and have no complaints. Comfortable and performs exceptionally.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this