A3Sync is back online!

NB: IMPORTANT CHANGES, ACTION REQUIRED

Arma 3 Sync is back online!

Please note that you MUST remove your old ATC repo from arma 3 sync before adding the new repo. The autoconfig URL has also changed. For details, see the news post here: 

-CHQ 

MODS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

Build date: 30/06/2018 6:06:25 PM

New: 0

Updated: 1
@rhsACECompat;

Deleted: 0

NOTE: Please only close this notification once you have actually updated your mods

• Announcements

• Mikoi

DISCORD SERVER   10/04/18

BLUF:
      ANZTAC now has a dedicated Discord Server for both the ARMA and DCS Communities.

Key Points:
      Discord is a means to keep track of information, notifications, and to talk to the lovable friends you have made within the ATC Respective communities. This service is now up and running and free to join by using the below links.    Mission Updates, Tactical Nights, Training, and General updates will be posted on this service and will be run by key members of their respective communities.   Keep up to date, and maintain situational awareness always, through the use of DISCORD.

- ANZTAC : ARMA Community     - https://discordapp.com/invite/htT6Q57

- ANZTAC: DCS Community
          - https://discordapp.com/invite/F9N8nXC

Daffles

Headphones - Music

Question

I'm currently running an ASUS Xonar Essense STX along with Sennheiser PC363d headset and am looking to upgrade headset. Looking for more quality audio, sennheisers are great, and plenty loud (at full crank can hear music from my room on the bottom floor of the house, outside and up my bank).

Budget isn't too much of an issue, would like to stick under $500-$600 if possible.

I really have no idea where to start on new headsets.

9 answers to this question

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/final-sonorous-ii-closed-back-headphones

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/headphones/products/final-sonorous-iii-closed-back-headphones

FAD/Final make great if not pricey headphones and earphones [Own their Heaven VI (amazing balanced armature IEMs with a surprisingly wide soundstage) & Hope VI (Closed back headphones with a mid-heavy focus, with an interesting driver design)]. The Sonorous II & III are both low impedance headphones, only requiring 16 ohms to drive; and are both closed back. The main difference between the between the two are that the II is more of a neutral sounding pair of cans where as the III are a V-shaped pair of cans, meaning they place a larger emphasis on forward bass & treble. That's not to say the midrange is terrible on the III, far from it, as excellent midrange is kind of a signature factor for Final in general.

The main draw back on both is that weigh a hefty 410g, which while does not sound like much, weighs a decent amount more than regular cans & can potentially induce neck strain.

Pretty decent but the impedance is pretty low. Too low for my liking. Otherwise looks nice. I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD range but am pretty sure theyre open which is a bit annoying. 

1 hour ago, Slankydudl said:

High impedance doesn't necessarily equal better performance.

Oh I realise that. But if I'm correct impedance is the driver power right? That's what I understand it is. I like my music loud with a lot of bassiness 

1 hour ago, Daffles said:

Oh I realise that. But if I'm correct impedance is the driver power right? That's what I understand it is. I like my music loud with a lot of bassiness 

Not necessarily, the simple explanation is that most high impedance cans use more thinner copper lines for the voice coil inside the driver, with the result being more copper lines in general which requires more power. There are various reason for doing this, but at the end of the day, it depends on what type of sound you're looking for.

If you're looking for something with more heavier bass and tremble, maybe go for a U/V-shaped sounding Audio Technica like the M50X.

I had a pair of 50x and loved them, awesome music cans.

However if you have big eara then a good pair of soft ear replacements are worth the money. The leather gets uncomfortable quick.

I use the same sound card, do you use the third party UNi Drivers?

Nope, external DACs.

Schiit Bifrost for a standard delta-sigma for uncoloured sound and a nosdac Pro-Ject DacBox FL for when I want brighter coloured sounds.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.